Monday, April 8, 2013

Tool #6

      I was excited to blog about tool #6. I have already incorporated a few of these tools within my classroom.

Skype: Before I was hired for this position, there was another teacher in my place from August to November. After student teaching under her, I was able to take over at the full time teacher, and before she left, we had promised to Skype with her to keep in touch. In January, I borrowed a connection cable and connected the ActivBoard to the iPad. All 44 of my students were able to ask their former teacher questions about her new school. They enjoyed seeing and speaking with her, and we are planning to Skype again soon.

Edmodo: After going to a few trainings on Edmodo, I created different groups had each of my students set up their Edmodo accounts. They will be completing a social studies discussion before the end of the school year.


http://sbisd.edmodo.com/home#/

No comments:

Post a Comment