Monday, April 8, 2013

Tool #7

     After Skyping with Mrs. Johnston, I started thinking about all of the uses that Skype has. Mrs. Johnston teaches a 4th grade writing class in New Braunfels, TX. Our students have the same curriculum, so collaborating would take just a little bit of planning.
     Skype can be used in different ways between classes in the state, United States, and world. Since I am from Louisiana, I can make some connections with teachers there to even have collaboration outside of the state. Because I have a personal connection with teachers in New Braunfels and Louisiana planning the collaboration can be easily done. Our classes could start a collaborative narrative. Each class could be responsible for creating a certain piece to the narrative. For example, my class determines the setting, and Mrs. Johnston's class creates the characters. Then through Skype, we can create a narrative through discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment